Sunday, November 15, 2009

And the crud has finally caught me :(

I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold last Monday. No biggie...just a sore throat that turned into a runny nose. I have managed to avoid reaching the dreaded 100.4 degree mark, which is the temperature indicating infection that means a trip to the ER for me. I also had good enough white blood cell counts to get my chemo on Thursday, which is good.

But now it's Sunday. The cold has settled into my chest, I've lost my voice and have exhausted myself coughing. This is my first week since I've been in Washington with not a single medical appointment, and I really don't want to spend it sick. I'm honestly surprised it took me this long to catch a cold...I just hope it doesn't stick around much longer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following your story and blog and I must tell you that you're truly inspirational! My sister Dianne works with your mom and she keeps me updated. I am a 5 year breast cancer survivor and while mine was not as advanced I can relate to some of your thoughts and fears. You are handling everything that comes at you with grace and I know your blog will help others going through this journey. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. E. I love your story, and you are in our prayers. We all miss you. Troy

    ReplyDelete