Friday, April 30, 2010

I made it

After four hours of surgery, a hospital stay, an excruciatingly painful ride home from the hospital, and a revisit for fluids and IV meds/painkillers two days later, I am officially on the mend.

Brian has been nothing short of amazing tending to my every need. My family has really pulled through, bringing delicious food and gracing me with their smiles and hugs. As the days go by, I'm experiencing less pain and more rest, less stress and more peace. The tumor is gone...while we wait for the pathology report with the details, I can close my eyes with the comforting thought that it is no longer present in my body.

"So damned easy to say that life's so hard.
Everybody's got their share of battle scars.
As for me, I'd like to thank my lucky stars
that I'm alive, and well.

It'd be easy to add up all the pain
and all the dreams you've sat and watched go up in flames.
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain,
but not me...I'm alive.

And today you know that's good enough for me.
Breathing in and out's a blessing, don't you see?
Today's the first day of the rest of my life.
And I'm alive, and well.
I'm alive, and well."

--Kenny Chesney/Dave Matthews



Here's to health and love, and LIVING!

4 comments:

  1. You are so strong and amazing! My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem to touch a spot in my heart no one else can. Sis, you amaze me with your strength and your outlook on life---even while fighting cancer! Here is to living!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your blog link from one of your posts on the Nest. Not sure why, but something led me to click your link & here I am.

    I haven't read past this first blog entry, so I don't know your full story but please know I will pray for health & healing. Also, I am a HUGE Kenny Chesney fan & that is one of my favorite songs. It is really weird because yesterday that was in my head all day. :)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete